Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info.

Friday 7 February 2014

Country Challenge ~Symbol that represents your country~

 
 
Vorige week nomineerde Fife fantasi nails me om aan de country challenge mee te doen. Zij heeft zelf een Engelstalige blog over nagelverzorging. Ik ben erg onder de indruk van haar mooie nagel creaties en dus besloot ik mee te doen. In dit artikel kunnen jullie een nail art zien die mij aan Nederland doet denken. Ook heb ik 5 andere nagel bloggers genomineerd voor deze challenge. Lees verder voor de details.
 
Last week, Fife Fantasi nails had nominated me for the country challenge. She also has a blog about nail art herself. She has made some lovely manicures the past weeks, so I decided to accept the challenge. Continue reading for all the details about the country challenge and more pictures of my new manicure.

The rules of this challenge;

~ Name the person who challenged you.
~ Create a Manicure that represents your country, and matches your chosen theme.
~ Nominate 5 bloggers to do the same.
 

Aangezien de Nederlandse vlag een beetje afgezaagd is, heb ik gekozen voor een ander cultureel symbool. Omdat kunst me altijd geïnspireerd heeft, heb ik voor een bekend Nederlands schilderij van Mondriaan gekozen. 

Since I didn't want to create the Dutch flag only, I decided to come up with a more cultural symbol for this challenge. Because art has always been a great inspiration for me, I’ve chosen a well-known work of art from the dutch painter Mondriaan.

 
Here are my nominations
 
Ik heb voor dit kunstwerk gekozen omdat het me aan mijn jeugdjaren hier in Nederland doet denken. Mijn moeder nam me al vroeg mee naar musea en vertelde veel over de achtergrond van verschillende schilderijen. Al deze bezoeken hebben me gemotiveerd om uiteindelijk een eigen blog  te beginnen. Kunstenaars laten hun gevoel en zichzelf zien wanneer ze iets schilderen of een beeld maken. Het heeft mij dan ook geïnspireerd om iets te doen wat ik echt wilde, en ik heb geleerd dat je het beste jezelf kunt zijn. Of het nu een schilderij is of een creatie op je nagels, jij hebt het gemaakt, het belangrijkste is dat je er zelf tevreden mee bent. Wat andere ervan vinden, is dan slechts een bijzaak.
 
What do you think of this manicure? Do you also have a symbol that represents your country for you? I love to read the comments below!


 
 
 



 

 
 
 

 
 

33 comments:

  1. hee,
    echt heel mooi gemaakt en super leuk dat je mijn blog hebt genomineerd!! Ik heb jouw genomineerd voor de Liebster award kijk op mijn blog voor de vragen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, heel erg bedankt!
      Ik vind het leuk om zulke nominaties te krijgen ;)
      Binnenkort zal ik een artikel over de award op mijn blog plaatsen!

      Xx Julia

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! I love it! When I saw it I recognised it stright away! Thank you for taking part in this challange :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia!!! I love this manicure... so original!!! *__*
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super leuke nagels, ook lekker vrolijk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much,
      I also love the result of this design ;)

      Xx julia

      Delete
  6. I love how you didn't just paint on the flag, but added your own creativity to the design!!! mad love!!

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Valentine's Day: Sophisticated and Sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Yeah, I really like the result of the manicure ;)

      Xx Julia

      Delete
  7. Wat leuk gedaan, ik vind hem ook typisch Hollands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, dit is echt SUPERleuk gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very patriotic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Very creative and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the art and I think you transferred it onto your nails well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I think I'm going to make more of those inspirated nail arts ;)

      Xx julia

      Delete
  12. Really think the idea looks stunning ! Love ..

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic job, Julia! I really love this, it looks so artsy and abstract!! And yay for Holland, my second home :) It's such a beautiful country. I love that you didn't just do the flag but completely made this so unique and still true to the inspiration :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm glad you like this!
      Jeahh you're also from Holland ;) I agree!
      Thanks for commenting on this blog post ;)

      Xx Julia

      Delete
  14. What cute model, I love the colors combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat een leuk idee! ziet er heel leuk uit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. manicure is so well done, love it :D
    thanks for passing this to me :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ;)
      You've also made some lovely manicures the last weeks ;)

      Xx julia

      Delete
  17. What a fun challenge which you've interpreted brilliantly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wat is dit een leuke challenge! En je hebt 'm erg leuk uitgevoerd. Mooie nail art hoor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heey,
      Bedankt! Ik ben blij dat je deze nail art mooi vindt ;)
      Ik vind het zelf ook een leuke challenge!


      Xx Julia

      Delete