Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info.

Monday 9 February 2015

Recreating the Volleyball manicure + MUA swatches!



Hallo allemaal, vandaag wil ik graag een nieuwe nail art en nieuwe swatches met jullie delen. De nail art die ik vandaag met jullie deel is al door een aantal andere bloggers gemaakt, en ik heb deze winter al veel versies van de Volleyball manicure langs zien komen. Maar feit blijft dat iedereen toch weer zijn eigen draai aan deze klassieker kan geven. Daarom wilde ik vandaag toch een poging wagen om een eigen versie van deze nail art te maken. Dit is de eerste post waarbij ik een nail art die al bestaat namaak en mischien vinden jullie het leuk als ik dit vaker ga doen? Laat je mening gerust achter in de comments. Ook vertel ik meer over de lak van MUA die ik voor deze manicure als basis gebruikte. Dit artikel was oorspronkelijk alleen voor swatches bedoeld maar toen ik deze lak op mijn nagels had, besloot ik hem te combineren met deze volleyball manicure. Lees verder voor meer foto's, uitleg over de nail art en mijn eerlijke mening over de roze lak van MUA...


Hello everyone, today I want to share a new nail art and new swatches with you. The nail art that I'll share with you today is already made by some bloggers, and this winter I've seen a lot of versions of this Volleyball manicure as well. But the fact remains that everybody manages to give his or her own twist to this fun and easy manicure. Therefore today I still wanted to make an effort in order to create my own version of this design. This is the first post where I share a recreation of someone else’s manicure with you, and I'm so curious if you guys want to see this kind of posts more often. Feel free to leave your opinion in the comments. But I also wanted to tell you more about the color from MUA which I used as a base for this manicure. This article was originally intended only for swatches but when I had applied this pink polish on my nails, I decided to combine it with a volleyball manicure. Continue reading for more pictures, information about the nail art and my honest opinion about the pink polish from MUA...
 


Ik begon deze nail art met een roze nagellak. Dit lakje van MUA heb ik voor mijn verjaardag gekregen en dit is tevens de eerste kleur van MUA die ik swatch voor mijn blog! Een aantal kruidvat finialen hebben het merk inmiddels in hun assortiment opgenomen en daarom mocht een eerlijke review van een van de lakjes van dit merk op mijn blog zeker niet ontbreken. Strawberry Crush is een felroze kleur die mijn nagels met twee lagen bedekte. Ik was dus erg tevreden met de dekking en vind ook de kleur erg bijzonder. Hoewel deze lak je nagels niet super egaal bedekt zag ik toch dat hij snel opdroogde en daarmee een goede basis voor nail arts vormt. De kleur deed me in eerste instantie aan baby roze denken, maar droogde op mijn nagels toch donkerder op. Overall, ben ik erg tevreden met deze nagellak en kan ik hem zeker aan iedereen aanraden!

I started this nail art with a new pink nail polish. Someone gave this polish to me for my birthday and since I haven't swatched any polishes from MUA yet, I wanted to start reviewing one for you guys. Some local drugstores in the Netherlands do already sell polishes from this brand, so a honest review of one of the shades from MUA certainly could not be missing. Strawberry Crush is a bright pink color that covered my nails with only two coats. So I was very pleased with the quality of this shade and I think the color looks very special as well. Although this polish covered my nails not fully perfect, I wasn't disappointed at all and I thought this was the perfect base for a new manicure. The color reminded me initially of baby pink, but when my nails had dried I saw that this shade was really darker than I thought it would be. Overall I am very satisfied with this nail polish and I would definitely recommend it to everyone!




Dan nu de nail art die ik met deze roze lak als basis heb gemaakt. Ik kwam deze week veel soortgelijke nail arts op Pinterest tegen, en was onder de indruk van alle resultaten. Hoewel ik normaal gesproken al mijn nail arts zelf verzin, vond ik deze manicure zo leuk dat ik hem wel na moest maken! Ik ben benieuwd of jullie het resultaat geslaagd vinden, en of jullie willen dat ik in de toekomst vaker van dit soort recreations ga maken. Nadat mijn nagels gedroogd waren bracht ik een zwarte stip in het midden van al mijn nagels aan, zodat ik van hieruit 3 gebogen lijnen naar de buitenkanten van mijn nagels kon trekken. Vervolgens vulde ik de gaten in met horizontale en verticale zwarte lijnen die evenwijdig aan de hoofdlijnen lopen. Hoewel deze nail art er op het eerste gezicht best moeilijk uitziet, is hij vrij simpel om te maken. Ik hoop dat jullie van dit artikel zelf ook weer inspiratie gekregen hebben om een soortgelijke nail art te maken.

But now it's time to show you the nail art that I made using this pink base. I discovered this manicure on Pinterest last week and I was really blown away and inspired by all the lovely results! Although I normally create and design all of my manicures without inspiration from others, I thought this manicure looked just so lovely that I had to recreate it! I'm wondering what you think of the result that I came up with and If you want to read these kind of posts more often. After my nails had dried I applied a black dot in the middle of all my nails, and I connected three curved lines which lead to the edges of my nails. Then I filled the holes with vertical and horizontal black lines which are parallel to the main lines. While this nail art at first sight looks quite difficult to recreate, it is in the end quite simple to make. I hope you like this article and also got inspired again to make a similar nail art like this!





What do you think of this manicure?

Should I make this kind of recreations more often?


Thanks for commenting on this blogpost!







* Nothing to disclose

30 comments:

  1. Mooie kleur roze van Mua en de nail art is goed gelukt. Helaas ben ik zelf niet zo goed met strepen op mijn nagels maken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW dankjewel, ik ben blij dat je deze nail art mooi vind ;)
      Ik vind deze kleur van mua zelf ook erg bijzonder!

      x

      Delete
  2. very pretty!- I like this pink shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i am so in love with the naildesign
    on the left Hand side wow <3
    follow for follow?

    hope you too visit my Blog <3
    http://miss-amelyrose.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I love this nail art as well and thanks!
      I'll also take a look at your blog ;)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Had no idea MUA polishes were so good! This pink is super pretty!

    Hope you can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That a pretty pink shade!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw die volleybal look is mooi geworden. Echt strak gezet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ziet er echt top uit!!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This design is so pretty! Love the pink and black
    Ps thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog:) you are so nice
    Jolahogg.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW your welcome! I absolutely love your blog!
      Thanks for your comment as well :)

      Delete
  9. Dankjewel voor je lieve reactie! :) Mooie nagellook weer! Dat roze kleurtje is erg mooi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely design , I love this pink.
    New Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dat roze kleurtje ziet er erg mooi uit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik kende de volleybal nail art nog niet en ik vind jouw roze vesie erg leuk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great nail art! So inspiring!

    xx
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lief roze kleurtje en je nail art is mooi zeg!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I like volleyboll, I like your nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. de roze kleur alleen al is prachtig.! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. This shade of pink is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear, not a problem, and thank you so much for your comment! :) this post is very inspiring! unfortunately I am a mess with nails.

    ReplyDelete