Not seeing a Scroll to Top Button? Go to our FAQ page for more info.

Monday 19 February 2024

~ Swatches Essence ~ Heart of Gold / Coral me Maybe / Brick or Treat

 


Hey dear nail enthusiasts, pff what a busy week it has been. I live in Rotterdam (a large city in the west of the Netherlands) and moved from the north to the south of the city this weekend. Chaos with packing, lifting things and assembling furniture. But now we are settled and everything went well. I'm so excited to share my first swatches since my blogging break with you. In this article I show 3 different polishes from the current Essence collection. Read on for more photos...



No. 59 Brick or Treat

No. 52 Coral me Maybe

No. Heart of Gold


So, what did I think of the first polish called 'Coral me Maybe'? This polish covered my nails in two thin coats and has a subtle shine. The polish is one of the Gel Nail Colors from the collection and has a relatively thick formula. My nails are still so short at the moment, but I'm persevering and letting them grow slowly. So great to be on this nail journey with you guys together. :) I remember that Coral & Mint was a Fashion trend during the period when I started blogged, I am curious if this trend color will return in 2024. According to Essence, this paint dries super quickly, in just 30 seconds. It doesn't quite live up to that, but my nails were dry in about 2 minutes, which is a good score.

Time for the next polish called 'Heart of Gold'. I was most excited about this polish in the store and I must say the end result does not disappoint. I did need 3 thick layers of varnish to achieve good coverage, which could be better. The thick 'double touch' brush that all Essence polishes have is very nice and ensures a simple and quick application. But to be honest, I had hoped and expected more from this color. Hopefully the effect of the paint comes across well in the photos, it was difficult to portray the color properly.



Finally, time for Brick or Treat! I was most excited about this color. This polish covered my nails with a thick layer and again dried quickly, which is perfect. I used the polish as a base for my Valentine's Day Nail Art last week. The color is somewhere between dark brown and red and has a slight sheen. I'm going to enjoy this color a lot in the near future.

I'm very curious which color you like best. Let us know in the comments below this post or on Instagram!


See you soon,

 

Lots of love,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment